Green Bay @ Chicago
Current Records: Green Bay 12-3; Chicago 8-7
What to Know
The Green Bay Packers are 8-1 against the Chicago Bears since October of 2016, and they’ll have a chance to extend that success Sunday. Green Bay and Chicago will face off in an NFC North battle at 4:25 p.m. ET at Soldier Field. Both teams are strolling into their matchup after big wins in their previous games.
You’re bound to get a positive result if you outscore your opponent every quarter, and that’s exactly how it played out for the Packers last week. Everything went their way against the Tennessee Titans as they made off with a 40-14 win. The oddsmakers were on Green Bay’s side, but they didn’t give the squad enough credit as the margin was unexpectedly wide. They can attribute much of their success to WR Davante Adams, who caught 11 passes for three TDs and 142 yards. Adams hadn’t helped his team much against the Carolina Panthers two weeks ago, so this was a nice turnaround for him.
Meanwhile, Chicago’s contest against the Jacksonville Jaguars last week was close at halftime, but Chicago turned on the heat in the second half with 28 points. The Bears were the clear victors by a 41-17 margin over Jacksonville. The game was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Chicago had established a 34-10 advantage. Their success was the result of a balanced attack that saw several players step up, but QB Mitchell Trubisky led the charge as he passed for two TDs and 265 yards on 35 attempts in addition to punching in one rushing touchdown. Trubisky ended up with a passer rating of 145.30.
The wins brought Green Bay up to 12-3 and Chicago to 8-7. Green Bay has clinched a playoff berth as the current first seed in the NFC. The Bears are still in the hunt for a spot in the playoffs, so these next one game are critical for them.
Two offensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Packers enter the game with 59 overall offensive touchdowns, which is the best in the league. Less enviably, Chicago is stumbling into the contest with the fifth fewest rushing touchdowns in the NFL, having accrued only 11 on the season. So the cards are definitely stacked against Chicago.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:25 p.m. ET
- Where: Soldier Field — Chicago, Illinois
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $160.00
The Packers are a 4.5-point favorite against the Bears, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Packers as a 4-point favorite.
Green Bay have won nine out of their last 11 games against Chicago.
- Nov 29, 2020 – Green Bay 41 vs. Chicago 25
- Dec 15, 2019 – Green Bay 21 vs. Chicago 13
- Sep 05, 2019 – Green Bay 10 vs. Chicago 3
- Dec 16, 2018 – Chicago 24 vs. Green Bay 17
- Sep 09, 2018 – Green Bay 24 vs. Chicago 23
- Nov 12, 2017 – Green Bay 23 vs. Chicago 16
- Sep 28, 2017 – Green Bay 35 vs. Chicago 14
- Dec 18, 2016 – Green Bay 30 vs. Chicago 27
- Oct 20, 2016 – Green Bay 26 vs. Chicago 10
- Nov 26, 2015 – Chicago 17 vs. Green Bay 13
- Sep 13, 2015 – Green Bay 31 vs. Chicago 23
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Davante Adams: 13.63 points
- David Montgomery: 12.2 points
- Aaron Jones: 11.2 points