Los Angeles @ Seattle
Current Records: Los Angeles 9-5; Seattle 10-4
What to Know
The Los Angeles Rams have enjoyed the comforts of home their last two games, but now they must head out on the road. The Rams and the Seattle Seahawks will face off in an NFC West battle at 4:25 p.m. ET on Sunday at Lumen Field. Seattle should still be riding high after a win, while Los Angeles will be looking to regain their footing.
It looks like Los Angeles must have gotten on Santa’s naughty list since the squad didn’t end up with the victory they were expected to receive last week. They fell just short of the New York Jets by a score of 23-20. What made the defeat an especially bitter pill for Los Angeles to swallow was that they had been favored by 17 points coming into the game. A silver lining for them was the play of WR Robert Woods, who snatched one receiving TD. Woods had some trouble finding his footing against the New England Patriots two weeks ago, so this was a step in the right direction.
Meanwhile, Seattle didn’t have too much breathing room in their contest with the Washington Football Team last week, but they still walked away with a 20-15 win. The Seahawks’ RB Carlos Hyde filled up the stat sheet, punching in one rushing touchdown. That touchdown — a 50-yard rush in the third quarter — was one of the highlights of the matchup.
Seattle’s defense was a presence as well, as it got past Washington’s offensive line to sack QB Dwayne Haskins four times for a total loss of 26 yards. It was a group effort with three guys contributing.
Los Angeles is now 9-5 while Seattle sits at 10-4. Los Angeles is still in the hunt for a spot in the playoffs, so these next two games are critical for them. The Seahawks have clinched a playoff berth as the current third seed in the NFC.
A pair of defensive stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: The Rams enter the game with only 26 touchdowns allowed, which is the best in the NFL. Less enviably, Seattle is stumbling into the game with the most passing yards allowed per game in the league, having given up 307.4 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:25 p.m. ET
- Where: Lumen Field — Seattle, Washington
- TV: FOX
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Seahawks are a slight 1-point favorite against the Rams, according to the latest NFL odds.
Los Angeles have won eight out of their last 11 games against Seattle.
- Nov 15, 2020 – Los Angeles 23 vs. Seattle 16
- Dec 08, 2019 – Los Angeles 28 vs. Seattle 12
- Oct 03, 2019 – Seattle 30 vs. Los Angeles 29
- Nov 11, 2018 – Los Angeles 36 vs. Seattle 31
- Oct 07, 2018 – Los Angeles 33 vs. Seattle 31
- Dec 17, 2017 – Los Angeles 42 vs. Seattle 7
- Oct 08, 2017 – Seattle 16 vs. Los Angeles 10
- Dec 15, 2016 – Seattle 24 vs. Los Angeles 3
- Sep 18, 2016 – Los Angeles 9 vs. Seattle 3
- Dec 27, 2015 – Los Angeles 23 vs. Seattle 17
- Sep 13, 2015 – Los Angeles 34 vs. Seattle 31