Through 2 Quarters
The Miami Dolphins are on the board, but we’re still waiting on the New York Jets to respond. Miami is way out in front at halftime with a 21 to nothing lead over New York. The Dolphins have been led by QB Ryan Fitzpatrick, who so far has passed for three TDs and 147 yards on 18 attempts.
Miami has yet to string together two consecutive wins, but this may be their chance. For now, all signs point to yes.
New York @ Miami
Current Records: New York 0-5; Miami 2-3
What to Know
This Sunday, the New York Jets are hoping to patch up the holes in a defense that has allowed an average of 32.2 points per contest. New York and the Miami Dolphins will face off in an AFC East battle at 4:05 p.m. ET Sunday at Hard Rock Stadium. The Jets are still on the hunt for that elusive first W.
New York received a tough blow last week as they fell 30-10 to the Arizona Cardinals. A silver lining for New York was the play of WR Jamison Crowder, who caught eight passes for one TD and 116 yards.
Meanwhile, Miami’s offense rose to the challenge against a San Francisco defense that boasted an average of only 17.75 points allowed. They put the hurt on the San Francisco 49ers with a sharp 43-17 win. The matchup was all but wrapped up at the end of the third, by which point Miami had established a 37-17 advantage. Miami QB Ryan Fitzpatrick was slinging it as he passed for three TDs and 350 yards on 28 attempts.
Special teams collected 19 points for the Dolphins. K Jason Sanders delivered a perfect 5-for-5 game.
The Jets are expected to lose this next one by 8.5. Those sticking with them against the spread have guts, to put it politely, as the squad has let down bettors in all their past five games.
New York and Miami split their matches last season, with Miami claiming a 26-18 victory and New York retaliating with a 22-21 win of their own. Check back on CBSSports.com for updates on how things play out this time around.
How To Watch
- When: Sunday at 4:05 p.m. ET
- Where: Hard Rock Stadium — Miami Gardens,, Florida
- TV: CBS
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free. Regional restrictions may apply.)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
The Dolphins are a big 8.5-point favorite against the Jets, according to the latest NFL odds.
The oddsmakers had a good feel for the line for this one, as the game opened with the Dolphins as an 8-point favorite.
Miami have won six out of their last ten games against New York.
- Dec 08, 2019 – New York 22 vs. Miami 21
- Nov 03, 2019 – Miami 26 vs. New York 18
- Nov 04, 2018 – Miami 13 vs. New York 6
- Sep 16, 2018 – Miami 20 vs. New York 12
- Oct 22, 2017 – Miami 31 vs. New York 28
- Sep 24, 2017 – New York 20 vs. Miami 6
- Dec 17, 2016 – Miami 34 vs. New York 13
- Nov 06, 2016 – Miami 27 vs. New York 23
- Nov 29, 2015 – New York 38 vs. Miami 20
- Oct 04, 2015 – New York 27 vs. Miami 14
Top Projected Fantasy Players
- Ryan Fitzpatrick: 24.66 points
- Jamison Crowder: 12.02 points
- DeVante Parker: 10.42 points