Phoenix (home) vs. Miami (away)
Current Records: Phoenix 5-2; Miami 5-2
What to Know
The Phoenix Suns have the luxury of staying at home another game and will welcome the Miami Heat at 9 p.m. ET on Thursday at Talking Stick Resort Arena. Phoenix strut in flaunting some offensive muscle with an average of 115 points per game.
In a sloppy game that saw the teams combine for 39 turnovers, Phoenix took down the Philadelphia 76ers 114-109 on Monday. The Suns can attribute much of their success to SG Devin Booker, who had 40 points.
Meanwhile, Miami has to be hurting after a devastating 109-89 loss at the hands of the Denver Nuggets on Tuesday. SF Justise Winslow had a pretty forgettable game: he finished with ten points on 5-for-11 shooting in his 30 minutes on the court.
Barring any buzzer beaters, Phoenix are expected to win a tight contest. They might be worth taking a chance on against the spread as they are currently on a seven-game streak of ATS wins.
Phoenix’s win lifted them to 5-2 while Miami’s defeat dropped them down to 5-2. A pair of stats to keep in the back of your head while watching: Phoenix is fourth worst in the league in blocked shots per game, with only 3.86 on average. To make matters even worse for the Suns, Miami rank third in the league when it comes to blocked shots per game, with 6.71 on average.
How To Watch
- When: Thursday at 9 p.m. ET
- Where: Talking Stick Resort Arena — Phoenix, Arizona
- TV: Fox Sports – Arizona
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $16.99
The Suns are a slight 1.5-point favorite against the Heat.
Vegas was right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as a 1.5-point spread, and stayed right there.
Miami have won six out of their last eight games against Phoenix.
- Feb 25, 2019 – Phoenix 124 vs. Miami 121
- Dec 07, 2018 – Miami 115 vs. Phoenix 98
- Mar 05, 2018 – Miami 125 vs. Phoenix 103
- Nov 08, 2017 – Miami 126 vs. Phoenix 115
- Mar 21, 2017 – Miami 112 vs. Phoenix 97
- Jan 03, 2017 – Phoenix 99 vs. Miami 90
- Mar 03, 2016 – Miami 108 vs. Phoenix 92
- Jan 08, 2016 – Miami 103 vs. Phoenix 95