Dallas (home) vs. New York (away)
Current Records: Dallas 5-2; New York 1-7
What to Know
Considering their sizeable disadvantage in the spread, the New York Knicks can expect to have a real challenge on their hands on Friday. They are staying on the road, facing off against the Dallas Mavericks at 8:30 p.m. ET at American Airlines Center. New York is limping into the game on a four-game losing streak.
The Knicks have to be hurting after a devastating 122-102 loss at the hands of the Detroit Pistons on Wednesday.
Dallas escaped with a win against the Orlando Magic by the margin of a single free throw, 107-106.
Dallas’ victory lifted them to 5-2 while New York’s defeat dropped them down to 1-7. A couple offensive stats to keep an eye on: Dallas comes into the matchup boasting the fourth most rebounds per game in the league at 48.3. Less enviably, New York has only been able to knock down 42.50% percent of their shots, which is the second lowest field goal percentage in the league. So the cards are definitely stacked against New York.
How To Watch
- When: Friday at 8:30 p.m. ET
- Where: American Airlines Center — Dallas, Texas
- TV: Fox Sports – Southwest
- Online streaming: fuboTV (Try for free)
- Follow: CBS Sports App
- Ticket Cost: $30.00
The Mavericks are a big 11-point favorite against the Knicks.
Vegas was right in line with the betting community on this one, as the game opened as an 11-point spread, and stayed right there.
Dallas have won five out of their last eight games against New York.
- Jan 30, 2019 – Dallas 114 vs. New York 90
- Nov 02, 2018 – New York 118 vs. Dallas 106
- Mar 13, 2018 – Dallas 110 vs. New York 97
- Jan 07, 2018 – New York 100 vs. Dallas 96
- Jan 25, 2017 – Dallas 103 vs. New York 95
- Nov 14, 2016 – New York 93 vs. Dallas 77
- Mar 30, 2016 – Dallas 91 vs. New York 89
- Dec 07, 2015 – Dallas 104 vs. New York 97