Jeff Horn is expected to return to the ring on August 31 in Bendigo in an all-Australian bout with Michael Zerafa.
Having most recently fought — if you count the 96 seconds against Anthony Mundine — in November of last year, Horn (19-1-1) is looking to be more active going forward.
And Zerafa is the start of the plan.
“It’s not 100 percent yet,” Horn told Fox Sports News. “But looks like we’re going to Bendigo August 31.”
The 27-year-old will be a far tougher test than Mundine was; Zerafa 26-3-0 on his career.
Horn also confirmed he’ll fight Zerafa at middleweight as he embarks on a journey to the big names in the division.
“I fought Mundine at 71, which was technically middleweight, so this will just be another kilo and a half more,” Horn said.
“I just felt really strong at that weight, so why not aim for that again and see how I go and step up against another bigger guy and hopefully I can feel just as strong and take the fight down.”
On Zerafa, Horn said: “He’s a strong opponent — normally comes forward and throws plenty of punches.”