The 2019 College World Series started Saturday, June 15, at TD Ameritrade Park in Omaha, Nebraska. What began as a 64-team tournament has led us to the final two teams through three previous rounds of play: the regionals (in which teams were sorted into 16 groups of four teams playing a round-robin format), then the super regionals (where the 16 winners of the regionals were paired up into eight best-of-three sets) and finally the quarterfinal and semifinal sets.
Four teams entered the semifinal round, and Michigan emerged as the first finalist. This will be the Wolverines’ first appearance in the College World Series championship round since 1962. Michigan will face Vanderbilt to determine who is the 2019 NCAA champion. Vanderbilt won the NCAA title in 2014 and finished as the runner-up in 2015. The Commodores have a program-record 57 victories, and have won 33 of their past 36 games.
Below you’ll be able to find all the pertinent information for the tournament, ranging from the teams in the field to the tournament schedule.. Consider this your one-stop shop for the 2019 College World Series.
Which team wins the 2019 College World Series? And which massive long shot can go all the way? Visit SportsLine to see Micah Roberts’ picks, all from the legendary expert who has set lines in Vegas for two decades.
Let’s move on to the schedule — do remember that we’ll be updating this part daily to reflect the games’ results.
Saturday, June 15
• Game 1: Michigan 5, Texas Tech 3
• Game 2: Florida State 1, Arkansas 0
Sunday, June 16
• Game 3: Vanderbilt 3, Louisville 1
• Game 4: Mississippi State 5, Auburn 4
Monday, June 17
• Game 5: Texas Tech 5, Arkansas 4 (Arkansas eliminated)
• Game 6: Michigan 2, Florida State 0
Wednesday, June 19
• Game 7: Louisville 5, Auburn 3 (Auburn eliminated)
• Game 8: Vanderbilt 6, Mississippi State 3
• Game 9: Texas Tech 4, Florida State 1 (Florida State eliminated)
Thursday, June 20
• Game 10: Louisville 4, Mississippi State 3 (Mississippi State eliminated)
Friday, June 21
• Game 11: Michigan 15, Texas Tech 3 (Texas Tech eliminated)
• Game 12: Vanderbilt 3, Louisville 2 (Louisville eliminated)
College World Series finals schedule
Monday, June 24
• College World Series finals, Game 1: Michigan vs. Vanderbilt, 7 p.m. ET
Tuesday, June 25
• College World Series finals, Game 2: Michigan vs. Vanderbilt, 7 p.m. ET
Wednesday, June 26
• College World Series finals, Game 3 (if necessary): Michigan vs. Vanderbilt, 7 p.m. ET
You can find more details about the College World Series matchups here.